Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Sunday Post: January 2, 2011

It's been unusually cold here in the Pacific Northwest where I live. The highs have been in the low 30s (F), with lows in the high teens. This may not constitute "cold" where you live, but it certainly is for the Seattle area. As is so often the case here, when it's cold, it's clear. The days have been beautifully sunny, with spectacular sunrises and sunsets - even if sunset is at 4:30 in the afternoon!

Today I bought some yarn and have begun knitting a pair of wrist gauntlets to wear in the cold - to help keep my hands warm while leaving my fingers free. I happen to own (and use) three spinning wheels, but sometimes the lure of a quick-to-finish project is great, so I end up buying yarn instead of spinning it. I spent a fair amount of time looking at different yarns before settling on a beautiful heathery dark green wool blend.

It wasn't until I was a couple of pattern repeats into the first gauntlet that I started to laugh.

I had chosen  a yarn the exact same color as the Diamine Evergreen ink I'd loaded this morning into the Levenger True Writer that my husband gave me for Christmas.

Apparently I have green on the brain today.

Here's a shot of Mount Rainier a friend took on New Year's Eve morning - speaking of beautiful sunrises.

And here's to a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment